- RT @Reuters: U.S. court blocks Trump's transgender military ban reut.rs/2z4MnIY 2 months ago
- We need a UX Dev! Minimum of 3 years on-the-job. Can you write highly responsive HTML and CSS in your sleep? Have yo… lnkd.in/evb3yzj 3 months ago
- We're considering topping out IE support at 11 for our new portal, due to some fancy design features not playing nic… lnkd.in/eHGRJAZ 3 months ago
- Really pleased with how this Scrum workflow turned out. Trying to adapt Scrum to our company culture. #womenInTech lnkd.in/eWkmbQj 4 months ago
- @Reuters don't pretend mccain is one of them 5 months ago
Category Archives: Photography
Studio Hillcrest site *almost* finished and ready for publishing
Just waiting for photographers to add to the gallery then the FTP for publishing.
Amelia Earhart is a photo essayist originally from Cleveland, Ohio and San Diego resident of ten years. She has worked with various local foundations, including HeadNorth and Kids4Peace, reporting on events that shape our society and humanity. She is currently a design student at UCSD’s Digital Arts Center and spends her out-of-school time traveling and lurking about in museums. Amelia’s nescient approach to photography is best represented through her close-cropped portraits and whimsical essays. Preferring a “candid camera” approach, the bulk of her work with people is an ongoing exercise in intimacy and familiarity.
“I take snapshots to show the beauty in others. Everyone, even funny-looking people like myself, have a light to them that is unique and worth telling. My sole reason for taking someone’s picture is to illustrate this story – their story. The story of that moment or the story behind that expression. The light in their eyes and the tale on their face, these are what I look for.
As lighting is my biggest hurdle I let it decide my snapshots for me. The textures within the scene are my framework, an environment to enrich the interestingness of my subject. If I were a composer texture would be my melody, the subject my lyric and light my muse.”
Finally broke down and made some grass brushes for Illustrator. These are my first brushes so they need some polishing.
Proposal for CCDC is coming along nicely. Went shooting for it yesterday and walked about downtown for two hours. Wanted more time but my honey was hungry. Posting images shortly. Got some good stuff. Will be excellent for the proposal.
Kicked out the background for the Red shoot. Now to get down to Blick and get a canvas and paint it up. Then the hard part’s done. So far cast is:
Red: ?? – I’m thinking Jen, but, and I hate saying this, I can’t have wrinkles. Perhaps Stasi’s girl, Megan.
Huntsman: Alex Hansen
Wolf: Andrew Huesing or Eric Chase – whomever gets the fuller faced beard