- RT @Reuters: U.S. court blocks Trump's transgender military ban reut.rs/2z4MnIY 1 month ago
- We need a UX Dev! Minimum of 3 years on-the-job. Can you write highly responsive HTML and CSS in your sleep? Have yo… lnkd.in/evb3yzj 2 months ago
- We're considering topping out IE support at 11 for our new portal, due to some fancy design features not playing nic… lnkd.in/eHGRJAZ 2 months ago
- Really pleased with how this Scrum workflow turned out. Trying to adapt Scrum to our company culture. #womenInTech lnkd.in/eWkmbQj 2 months ago
- @Reuters don't pretend mccain is one of them 4 months ago
Category Archives: Vector
I opened up Illustrator with a plan for one project but Camille took over. Now to get back to work.
I need to figure out how to auto-save in Illustrator. I almost lost Shelly here.
No, not the name of a Russian villain, but yeah, that sounds close.
Trying to make some vector bokeh, I started where anyone starts; I googled it and found my model:
I opened up Illustrator and thought about my approach as it loaded. I’d need opacities, strokes and gradients. Hrmmmm. That sounded more like a job for Photoshop, so I switched over.
In Photoshop I created the obligatory black background and tossed in a rainbow linear gradient overlay. EZ PZ. Some 25%, 50% and 75% opacity circles with 2px and 4px strokes got tossed in and gaussian blurred a bit here and there. This is what Photoshop’s version came out like:
Then I thought hay, I can make this in Illustrator. Maybe even make it more elegant. So I gave it a go. In Illustrator I also employed an outer glow effect and some noise in the circle’s fill. While more realistic I’m not sure it’s “prettier” than the Photoshop version:
Perhaps when I learn more about mesh gradients I’ll kick out something more impressive. All told, I’m glad for the exercise.
Finally broke down and made some grass brushes for Illustrator. These are my first brushes so they need some polishing.
Proposal for CCDC is coming along nicely. Went shooting for it yesterday and walked about downtown for two hours. Wanted more time but my honey was hungry. Posting images shortly. Got some good stuff. Will be excellent for the proposal.
Kicked out the background for the Red shoot. Now to get down to Blick and get a canvas and paint it up. Then the hard part’s done. So far cast is:
Red: ?? – I’m thinking Jen, but, and I hate saying this, I can’t have wrinkles. Perhaps Stasi’s girl, Megan.
Huntsman: Alex Hansen
Wolf: Andrew Huesing or Eric Chase – whomever gets the fuller faced beard